SC - cooking frumenty

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Tue Nov 10 06:11:04 PST 1998

In a message dated 11/10/98 7:13:49 AM Eastern Standard Time,
lainie at gladstone.uoregon.edu writes:

<< Something just popped out of the back of my head regarding
 frumently, and I though I'd ask- how do you keep it from scorching,
 particularly in large batches?  >>

Bring the water to a rolling boil, add seasonings, fat and other things except
grain. Bring to a rolling boil again. Add grain; stirring as you add it. This
can be accomplished with one person stirring while the other pours. Bring to a
boil again making sure you stir the grain FREQUENTLY lifting it from the
bottom. Cover TIGHTLY. Turn off heat. DO NOT LIFT THE LID.Leave covered for
about 30 to 40 minutes. DO NOT LIFT THE LID. This should produce mass cooked
grains that are fully cooked and unscorched.

Ras