SC - Isles Anniv Feast April 25, menu vers 1.1

LtSpicy at aol.com LtSpicy at aol.com
Wed Nov 11 11:43:28 PST 1998

Hello everybody,
Thank you to all the folks who already responded to my cry for help.  So far I
have come up with the following tenative menu - but I still want commentary.
I have about one month to tweak and test recipes.  Luckily I have already
tried about 95% of the following menu, which is why half of it is on there. :)
The event is a regular tourney, to be followed by plays (at least one
performed by St Genesius) and a sit down feast.  I haven't decided if it
should be split into removes, to be served during "intermissions", or just
before general entertainment.  I am also gathering ideas on how to serve the
food.  Any ideas will be welcome.
Isles Anniversary Feast Menu:
'Roasted' Salmon with Wine Sauce (Take a 1000 eggs or more)
Roast Chicken (Platina)
Braised Beef (Take a 1000 eggs or more)
Mushroom Pasties (Goodman of Paris)
Armored Turnips (Platina)
Green Pesen Royal (Ancient Cookery)
Salat (haven't chose one yet)
Zabarbada of Fresh Cheese (Andalusian) - still looking for a more "english"
cheese goo sauce
Sauce Gauncely (Take a 1000 eggs or more)
Sauce for Shoulder of Mutton (Take a 1000 eggs or more)
Sorrel Sauce (Take a 1000 eggs or more) - will have to taste test this one,
see if it goes with anything served above.
Cream Custard Tart (Take a 1000 eggs or more)
Fried Fig Pastries (Curye)
Cream Bastarde (Take a 1000 eggs or more)
Fruit Slices Fried for Lent (To the Kings Taste)
Various butters (including Rum & Brown sugar one)
Sippets
Various fresh breads and other pastries

Lady "Oh my god, what have I gotten myself into this time!" Kinuko
In service to the Dream and good food.