SC - Still Looking for Powder Douce

Korrin S DaArdain korrin.daardain at juno.com
Wed Nov 11 20:11:28 PST 1998

Here are the references that I found in my collection.

powder douce: 2 t sugar, 3/8 t cinnamon, 3/8 t ginger
powder douce: 1 t sugar, 1/4 t mace, 1/4 t cinnamon
power douce (by our interpretation, 4 parts sugar to 2 of cinnamon to 1
of ginger)
“powder douce”: 2 t sugar, 2 t cinnamon
powder douce: 2 t sugar, 1 t cinnamon, 1/2 t ginger
powder douce (2 parts ground nutmeg, 1 pt. ground fennel seed, and 1 pt.
ground anise.)
powder douce: 2 t sugar, 1 t cinnamon, 1/2 t ginger
Powder douce: 1 cup sugar, 1 tsp. ground cloves, 2 tsp. ground cinnamon,
2 tsp. ground ginger, 1 Tbs. ground cubebs (opt.), 2 tsp. ground galingal
(opt.), 1 Tbs. grains of Paradise (opt.)

Korrin S. DaArdain
Kitchen Steward of Household Port Karr
Kingdom of An Tir in the Society for Creative Anachronism.
Korrin.DaArdain at Juno.com, (www.geocities.com/NapaValley/Vineyard/1709)