SC - Book review

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Thu Nov 12 22:18:36 PST 1998

Helen asked:
> I just read Fabulous Feasts.  Has anyone else read it?  What do you
> think?

This book has been talked about several times in the past. General
consensus has been that the recipes were bad with no orignal recipes
given and some having been creations of the author. However the first
part of the book does have some good information about foods and
feasts.

For more comments about this book and other cookbooks, check this
file in the FOOD section of my Florilegium:

cookbooks-msg    (126K) 12/ 9/96    Reviews of cookbooks with medieval recipes.

Oops. I just updated this file. Guess the updated file is not at the
website yet. It is about 230K in size. If anyone wants it, let me know
and I'll send it by email.

I will make sure the new file(s) go out in the next update.

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net