SC: travellers food was... Re: SC - Stuff inside bread (was: Bread Soup B...

Anne-Marie Rousseau acrouss at gte.net
Sat Nov 14 00:09:39 PST 1998

Hey from AM

Ras asks me...
>And , how does the obvious existence of a middle eastern version during
period
>translate into 'not period'...I am confused.

Now, dont be gettin' your trews in a bunch :) (JOKE!!!! JOKE!!!!!). You
will note that I actually said:
"The SCA custom of filling breadbowls with chili, forcemeat, brie and
mushrooms, etc and calling them rastons appears to have nothing to do with
medieval European cuisine (alas!). Its interesting that there's a middle
eastern version, though, and apparently a very late Spanish one. Hmmm!"

Note if you will, the clarifier of medieval EUROPEAN cuisine. Middle
Eastern was not Europe, at least not in my lexicon.

hope this helps clear up some of the confusion :)...
- --Anne-Marie