SC - Venison

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Sun Nov 15 20:10:59 PST 1998

wulf at hilconet.com wrote:

> I need some good medieval recipes for roasts
> of venison. I am not picky about the method of cooking...it can be on
> spit, or in a conventional oven, but I am getting desperate for some
> variety.  This years hunting season is REALLY testing my knowledge of
> game cooking (not that it was very large to begin with lol) and I
> would really appreciate the assistance.

Perhaps the A'aql Formerly Known as Ras could supply you with the
pevorade recipe he used for a special venison dish at the E.K.'s Spring
Crown Tourney. IIRC, it was based on Taillevent's recipe, and involved
deeply toasted, but not burnt, bread, red wine, venison broth and
freshly-ground black pepper. If he can't provide you with his specific
adaptation of the recipe, we can go back to the original and take it
from there. It was great, though.

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy