SC - Price of butter

Marilyn Traber margali at 99main.com
Tue Nov 17 13:07:37 PST 1998

You bet your patootie it is, as well as CT.
The only caveat here is it all depends on what you are pricing-Ca has decently
priced veggies in their season [.25 artichokes when they are 1.25 here on the
east coast, avocados at .25 each or less, when they are .99/lb here. On the other
hand, I can run down the road to the dairy farm in enfield and get whole raw milk
and cream from incredibly well vetted cows for just above market price[2.99/gal
milk, .99/pt heavy cream] and if I shopat the commissary on the sub base in
groton, I can get beef or pork tenderloin for as low as 1.79 if they are on sale
to 2.19 if they aren't. BUT, veggies are all pretty much shipped in from points
west, and the cost reflects it.
margali