SC - Venison recipe OOP

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Wed Nov 18 14:02:40 PST 1998

Stefan li Rous wrote:

> >      1# venison stew meat
>
> Sorry, this may be obvious to some, but with some of the typos and text
> translation errors I've seen here, I'd like to be sure.
>
> Is this one pound of venison?

Yes. A number sign is pretty standard cook's shorthand for pounds. In
fact, what do you call the number sign on a touchtone phone? Isn't that
also often called the pound key?  In theory that symbol is derived in
some way from using multiple script capital L's, denoting pounds, either
as a unit of weight or later, money.

Adamantius
Østgardr, East
- --