SC - Roadkill (Was: A proliferation of venison)

Philippa Alderton phlip at bright.net
Thu Nov 19 15:43:52 PST 1998

Ldy Elsbeth  says:

> While some fat is flavorful and tasty in beef and other meats..it is NOT
tasty in venison.<

Milady, forgive me, but I feel your description of venison fat is
inaccurate.
While it is not "tasty" to most people, because it is too different to most
people's perception of fat, ie beef and pork fat, it is just as tasty to
those of us who appreciate venison fat, as lamb/mutton fat is to those of
us who appreciate lamb and mutton. Granted, we have to understand other
folk's prejudices, but I feel that a proper introduction of any meat,
WELL-PREPARED, will help people over-come their modern prejudices. There is
no difference, IMO, for the vegetables which people "hate".

Allergies are a different subject.

Phlip
Caer Frig
Barony of the Middle Marches