SC - hemp laws

S.Albert salbert at ptialaska.net
Sun Nov 22 02:24:43 PST 1998

>In a message dated 11/13/98 3:06:37 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
>LrdRas at aol.com writes:
>

>>  Actually a couple of states have decided that Anslinger is the idiot he was
>>  and have leaglized it for use as medicine.
>>
>Arizona is one of those states, but if a doctor prescribes it, he is breaking
>FEDERAL law.
>
>Mordonna Dubois

Coming into this late (trying to catch up on email delayed by surery), I
would point out that Alaska did just that this past election.
Theoretically, it is now legal for marijuana to be prescribed by a doctor
for patients in certain categories. How the patient is to get it, is
uncertain. Regulations still need to be written.....

And, of course, it's still illegal as far as the feds are concerned. But
usually the feds (at least in independent Alaska) leave that kind of
enforcement alone unless they want to use the charge for harassment or to
dig for something else.

Morgana

Morgana yr Oerfa, Baroness      *     Sharron Albert
Winter's Gate/Oertha/West       *     salbert at ptialaska.net
Per saltire gules and sable,    *     Babylon 5/science fiction
in pale two mullets and         *     (astrology/tarot)
in fess an increscent           *     I saw nothing unusual in the teacher's
and a decrescent argent.        *          lounge. --Bart Simpson