SC - Re:Breakfast at WAR

Mordonna22 at aol.com Mordonna22 at aol.com
Wed Nov 25 15:52:40 PST 1998

In a message dated 11/25/98 9:25:24 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
CONNECT at aol.com writes:

>  Good Mordonna,
>
>  Would you care to share this recipe for your marvelous seven grain hot
> cereal?

Hehehe,
I cheated.  I went to the bulk foods section of my local Smitty's store and
looked in the bin marked "seven grain cereal."  I then checked to make sure
they were all grains that were available in period (I'm still not sure about
the triticale).  Directions to cook were on the bin: One part cereal to two
parts water, bring to boil and cook five to ten minutes.  (I added a teaspoon
of salt)
Grains included were wheat bran, oat bran, barley, rice, rye, triticale, and
millet.
I put it on to boil, then moved it to the cooler end of the fire pit to simmer
for about fifteen minutes.  I thickened up rather suddenly, so I removed it
right away.

Mordonna