SC - Rastons experiment

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Wed Nov 25 16:27:48 PST 1998

Ras replied to my message:
> stefan at texas.net writes:
>
> << I think I might try butter
>  next time. Perhaps 300 degrees for 15 minutes instead of 200? Or maybe less
>  time if the butter and crumbs are already heated? >>
>
> 350 degrees F for 15 mins. is the common recommendation for reheating things
> in the oven. Hope this helps. What did you serve this with? Sounds like it
> would be best with stewed meat and onions poured over a serving size
> portion.

Thank you for the temperature and time note. None of this is second nature
to me.

I cooked it after dinner, so I just ate some of it by itself and put the rest
away in the refrigerator for later.

The stewed meat and onions sounds good, but wouldn't it overwhelm the buttered
bread so that it wouldn't matter if it was a raston or a plain loaf?

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net
  (Whose wife is going to serve savory toasted cheese (aka: cheese goo) in
   a bread bowl as our contribution to the family Thanksgiving feast tomorrow)