SC - OT - inalienable freedom of speech

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Thu Nov 26 09:44:36 PST 1998

"R. Trigg" wrote:

> Unfortunately, too many Americans take their freedoms for granted and
> blithely forget that there *are* limits. Even worse, too many want to
> further curb what freedoms we have, forgetting that once you start picking
> and choosing who gets to have these freedoms, sooner or later no one will
> have them.
>
> Nostas'ia Stepanova

Hear, hear! On a related note, I wish the folk of this list to be the
first to know that it is my intention, upon assuming the benevolent
dictatorship of the planet, to preserve the Bill of rights as written,
except I will institute the death penalty for the crime of calling
Thanksgiving Turkey Day, and I shall also come down hard on all
unauthorized, uncanonized civilians wearing red stocking caps with white
fur trim and white pompoms or tassles. Such caps will be regarded as a
controlled substance, and possession of same by anyone other than Santa
Claus and duly appointed and licensed deputies/agents will be prosecuted
under a revised Sullivan Act.

Happy holiday to all those who do that kinda thing today! To others,
Happy Thursday!

Adamantius
Østgardr, East
- --