SC - Sauerkraut redaction-recipe

LYN M PARKINSON allilyn at juno.com
Mon Oct 12 13:07:26 PDT 1998

Unfortunately, the recipes are not documentably period.  It was written in
the late 1800's or early 1900's (sorry) and is a wonderful source of
"modern" Russian cooking, but not SCA period.

- --Ilyana Barsova (Yana)
http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Oracle/6376/ --Home Page
http://vms.www.uwplatt.edu/~goldschp/slavic.html --Slavic Interest Group

>I recently received a catalog from Jessica's Biscuit (all cookbooks)
>which has one called "Classic Russian Cooking" by Joyce Toomre. It is
>written up as a translation of the cookery recipes from "A Gift to Young
>Housewives" by Elena Molokhovet (date??). Has anyone seen this one, >and
can you tell me if it is what it claims to be?