SC - Sabina Welser's Cookbook

Valoise Armstrong vjarmstrong at aristotle.net
Mon Oct 12 16:29:02 PDT 1998

>At this past week-end's AEthelmearch Crown Tourney, there were lots
You know, it continues to amaze me how many of us were there given that
I didn't get to talk to hardly anyone who wasn't in armor.  (I know, the
job of the kingdom mol, but I would have liked to get in on Aiofe's
conversation....)

of
>people who signed up for off-board, but when it came down to actually
>feasting, there were only a few of us: the others had gone home.
The feast was also unofficially at Hoss's in Johnson City - a 10 minute
drive for an acceptable steak and a damned good salad bar.  The final
count was 63 people I KNEW at Hoss's, and there may have been a few more
that I just didn't recognize....

The reasons?
1- we had a lot of the crown entrants who didn't feel they get enough to
eat at feasts, at least not of the meat
2- that was a very cold small hall for that event
3- allergies (we have someone allergic to pepper, someone else allergic
to chicken and eggs)
4- The current sub-religion of parts of AEthelmearc is a high protein no
cholesterol diet, hard to deal with at a feast...
5- Several people (myself included as I had gotten NO lunch) were VERY
hungry and didn't wat to deal with a wait for feast
6- and the final and most compelling reason, that's where all are
friends were...

Ruadh
Delftwood
AEthelmearc