SC - Looking for Period recipe for Khir

Korrin S DaArdain korrin.daardain at juno.com
Mon Oct 12 21:07:48 PDT 1998

Ras said:
Our feasts are budgeted at 5 dollars per head and cost 5 dollars per head.
The reason we must charge more than our food budget: We set the site fee at
what the site costs us per person. We then expect the feast to cover the
rest of the expenses like toilet paper, paper towels, table rental, etc. I
personally don't like it but have been told "That's the way we always do
it!!!"

I would suggest to any cook in this situation to start dividing your $5 per
head into $1.50 per head for tables, etc and $3.50 for food. Let the Site
Stewards know and you may be suprised. People may be expecting $5 per person
food, if they know they are only getting $3.50, or what ever it does turn
out to be, they may ask for a change. If you do not give them the
information, they will never know.

Here in Stormhold our feast vary from around the $5 per person to $9. The $9
does tend to cover a long day not just a feast. Afternoon snack and cordials
(lots of these in the summer months) and then food served continuous until
11:00pm or so. And our feast are never dull, in the food department.

Just on another note while I am spending a few idle minutes writing, we had
a potluck this last weekend put on by one of our colleges. Site fee was $6
for members and non members, under 16 free. the food that was brought would
have brought tears to your eyes. The non cooks brought 3 loaves of bread,
two roast chickens and a packet of store bought jam tarts. The other 25 or
30 odd people, I forgot to count, all brought period or very periodiod
dishes, from lamb and veggie stew, mushroom tarts, almond tarts, Tarts for
Ember day, homemade cordials and mulled wine, hedgehogs, and many other
taste treats. It was the finest POTLUCK I have ever seen, and I am very
proud of everyone who came.

Yours in Service to the Dream,
Nicolette Dufay
Baroness, Stormhold
Principality of Lochac
Kingdom of the West

MKA: Lillian Johnston
Information Systems Manager, Bethlehem Hospital
476 Kooyong Road, Melbourne, VIC Australia 3162
61 (03) 9596-2853