OT - Magic sword...was: SC - End of the etc.

Cindy Renfrow renfrow at skylands.net
Tue Oct 13 18:08:05 PDT 1998

In a message dated 10/13/98 7:34:01 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
taltos at primenet.com writes:

<< Also, I would like to experiment with some of these recipes, but my cats
 run faster than I do. Do you think I could substitute chicken or rabbit
 and come close? (I anticipate only educated guesses on this, and don't
 really expect firsthand knowledge.)  :-)

 Thank you,
 Maedb >>

After reading the descriptions regarding this topic, I have come to the
conclusion that  the absolute BEST substutute for the feline species would
most likely be  a canine because the lifestyle and diet is extraordinarily
similar. The flesh would probably be of a similar texture.

My second choice would be an opussum whose diet, like that of a feline, is
also omnivorous. Squirrel could also be substituted.

So far as your suggestion of rabbit is concerned, I think that this is a
reasonable alternative. Texture would be similar at the least. Particularly if
the rabbit were wild. Wild rabbits occasionally nibble at an insect or two
when eating although this is rare.

Ras