SC - possibly OOP - wood stove - WARNING!!

Wed Oct 14 04:56:59 PDT 1998

> So, it's a craft. We make things. A sense of the artistic and some technical
> expertise are useful tools.

Maybe I'm a lousy person, but considering how I prepare my foods, I would probably
offer to make a few of my recipies special for these people, but I can't do a whole
portion of the feast that way unless their whole table consented to eat that way.
In the long run, I would probably offer them the option of making their own food at
home and having me reheat it for them and store it in my frige for the day.  When I
make a whole chicken per table (or roast, etc.) it is not feasible to spilt off a
portion of everything that way (or to expect everyone at the table to eat their fare
that way).  There is a limit to what we can do comfortably.  If they aare that
deathly allergic, why would they trust anyone else to make their food anyway?  I
sure wouldn't.  I scour the recipies to begin with.  One of my friends (who is one
of our premeire cooks in Marinus) now knows my allergies.  When she cooks, she gives
me a heads up when she knows there's an allergen before I even see the list.  But, I
always bring extra food with me in case there are too many allergens for me and I
have to skip too much of the feast (rarely happens, but my table has nibbles between
courses).  I like the idea that someone posted about posting the information in the
event flyer ahead of time.  Here are some others I have come up with.  post the
ingredients at troll, the kitchen, and in a pamphlet that could be sold as a
fundraiser (whole recipies for the feast--writing books is period, after all).  In
addition, a note could be put in the event flyer to snail mail or e-mail the cook
before you even come out (or make your reservations) to find out if the feast is
alright for you.  Just my .02.

Brenna