SC - Re: Period Feasts

Wed Oct 14 07:57:09 PDT 1998

Brenna said...
<snip>
I like the idea that someone posted about posting the information in the
event flyer ahead of time.  Here are some others I have come up with.  Post
the ingredients at troll, the kitchen, and in a pamphlet that could be sold
as a fundraiser (whole recipes for the feast--writing books is period, after
all).  In addition, a note could be put in the event flyer to snail mail or
e-mail the cook before you even come out (or make your reservations) to find
out if the feast is alright for you.

And here I always thought that this was standard practise throughout the
SCA. I always have scads of ingredient lists around, both at the Gate and on
the tables themselves. I now (given technology) post ingredients
electronically for all and sundry to view way ahead of time. While I may
have the reputation of not catering too much to minority groups (ie
allergies, vegans) I sure would feel rude if I didn't at least give some
indication of  the ingredients for people to vote with their feet or no.

Micaylah