SC - Italian Ren Feast

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Wed Oct 14 13:43:09 PDT 1998

Melisant,
    The object you found sounds to me like the "control" part of the damper
mechanism. Look along the stovepipe before it enters the wall, and see if there is
a  hole drilled through both sides of it. The damper should have a round plate which
fits inside the stovepipe and the "key" thingy fits through it and extends out both
sides of the pipe. One end should be a handle to turn it and the other should be
threaded and pointed. You may be missing the plate part of the damper. Only a
theory.. but check it out.
Ceridwen
(thanks)