SC - possibly OOP - wood stove

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Wed Oct 14 13:57:54 PDT 1998

>  I am beginning to do research for a Nov.'99 feast, and was wondering
if
> it would be "acceptable" to do a sort of "tour" through time.  By this
> mean to take a period dish from several different time periods, or
> countries, and incorporate them into the feast.  Has this ever been
> done?  Would it be acceptable or a no-no?  Thank you for your
guidance.
> - Seannach

I would suggest picking a country (say Italy, France or England) and
then doing a tour though time of one country, with one course from each
time period.

Italy could be something like a first course from Apicius, a second from
some of the Medieval Kitchen sources, with subtleties or intermediery
dishes from other more limited sources.

France and England shouldn't be too hard to do something similar with.

By sticking to just one country, you can show some evolution.

Either that or I would pick one time period and do a course for
different countries.

Altering both in the same feast would feel random to me, while sticking
with one and varying the other by course would feel more like teaching
something....

Ruadh

(Caitlen Ruadh, Delftwood, AEthelmearc, mundanely Syracuse NY)