SC - what do you think of these recipes?

Rebecca E Tants retants at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 15 14:02:54 PDT 1998

> Here are my questions:
>
> 1)  If I post my menus and the redactions, will the list comment on them?

Yes.

> 2)  Does this even sound like a good idea?

Yes

> 3)  There are no bread or sallet recipes in the manuscript. The manuscript
> is mid 15th century English. What contemporary breads and sallets could I
> add, and where can I get the original source text?

For common bread, Platina.  For enriched bread (rastons), Harleian.  They
have both been posted to the list and I have copies if they are not in
Stefan's Florilegium.  To do authentic breads, you will need to spend a week
or so making a levain, or you will need to brew up a batch of unhopped ale,
or both.  You can approximate them in less time

> 4)  Even if I have no sallet there are a few recipes for Wortes (greens) ,
> basically stewed in butter. Will butter offend the vegans?

Ask your local vegans, since the answer tends to vary.

> 5)  Am I crazy? and have I bitten off more than I can chew?
>

> Brandu

Probably, but it is a madness associated with the people on this list.

Bear