SC - what do you think of these recipes?

Thu Oct 15 14:16:37 PDT 1998

> Most of the recipes call for the use of ale or beer, or wine.
> I think there is some kind of restriction on the use of alcoholic
> beverages,
> even as ingredients, so how about if is use a "no alcohol" beer, like
> Odoul's, and something similar for the wine? I really want to make "pears
> in
> confete"...
>

> Brandu

There is a restriction on purchasing alcoholic beverages with Society funds.
The Kingdom sets the policy on purchasing wine and beer as an ingredient in
cooking.  Ansteorra has been very restrictive on this, so I have donated or
used donated alcohol when necessary.  We do have some brewers and vintners
here.

I would be very uncomfortable preparing an SCA feast which had spirits in
every dish.  It is similar to having onions in every dish.

Bear