SC - Period Feasts

Brenna sunnie at exis.net
Thu Oct 15 20:01:15 PDT 1998

In a message dated 10/15/98 4:47:01 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
gedje01 at mail.cai.com writes:

<< I think there is some kind of restriction on the use of alcoholic
beverages,
 even as ingredients, so how about if is use a "no alcohol" beer, like
 Odoul's, and something similar for the wine? I really want to make "pears in
 confete"... >>

The only restriction on alcohol is that it can't be purchased with Shire
funds.

There are no restrictions on it's use in cooking or service. I refuse to bow
to current anti-alcohol sentiment and always purchase any alcohol needed by
the kitchen out of my own funds rather than omit it or use 'more socially
acceptable' alternatives. With wines so readily available it would be hard to
justify a substitution, IMO.

Ras