SC - Alcohol purchases and lampreys

maddie teller-kook meadhbh at io.com
Fri Oct 16 20:33:08 PDT 1998

> Can you supply some info on what publication of the USDA that comes from, and
> where I might find it? I ask only because it is completely the opposite of
> everything I've ever been taught, and more or less contravenes local law where
> I live, in the land of lawyers and restaurants. You can't buy a food-service
> sized wooden cutting board in New York City today, at least not legally.
> Nowadays they are either some kind of plastic, or a hard rubber that's really
> fun to play with, mold, and shape when it's still hot from the industrial dishwasher...
>
> I'm not questoning your word, but I'd like to take it up with the USDA. Some
> info would be helpful in getting to the bottom of this.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Adamantius
> --
> Phil & Susan Troy

We've been doing USDA food service for the last 4 years and it is somewhere in our flyers
from them.  Truthfully, they change their minds every few years about what is best, the the
latest was last year when they decided to swing the pendulum back to wood again because
(their words) the acrylic ones required specific disinfecting like bleach while the wood
needed only to be cleaned to achieve the same results because of the swelling.  'Course,
disinfecting helps too.  I'll try to find the flyer, though we've cleaned out the books
recently, and it may have been a casualty of the toss.

Brenna