SC - St. Martha

Phil & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Sat Oct 17 03:53:15 PDT 1998

That's very lucky, Cindy.  In this area, we pay a minimum for 'soup
bones' or 'dog bones' of a dollar a pound.  I've seen too many packages
labelled 'marrow bones' that had not a speck of marrow in them--solid
bone.

Now-a-days, they even sell 'boneless' chuck roasts, as though you ought
to be glad of them.  Phooey.  I used to save part of my chuck roast bones
and tougher bits for my soup.

Regards,

Allison
allilyn at juno.com, Barony Marche of the Debatable Lands, Pittsburgh, PA