Tasting Dinners (was Re: SC - Re: Period Feasts)

Anne-Marie Rousseau acrouss at gte.net
Sat Oct 17 10:17:11 PDT 1998

> Helen said:
>     Guess I am too blonde, but in the food section I can not find a book section.
>
>                                                             Helen
>
> > England still had a lot of Anglo-Saxon influeance then, at least in the
> > southern portion, so perhaps some of the Anglo-Saxon books on food would
> > be worth looking at. You can find more info on some of these books in
> > this file in the FOOD section of my Stefan's Florilegium:
> >
> > books-food-msg    (29K)  5/12/98    Books about food. Not cookbooks.

Sorry Helen. My fault. I just looked in my control file that is used to send
files to the website and the entry for that file was missing. I have sent
you a copy of that file by email. If anyone else wants it, let me know and
I'll sent it my email. It should be available at the website in the next
update I send.

Folks, if you don't find a file I mention please let me know. It is possible
that you are looking in the wrong place but that's not that likely. The most
probable reason is that I've screwed up somewhere. Greg and I have a fairly
complex procedure for transfering files to his site and sometimes I forget
to enter a file in the control file, mis-spell it or haven't sent it yet.
I often handle six to ten files per day and sometimes I get rushed or
interrupted. And yes, while I occassionally do a file by file check, like
doing a store's inventory, it is boring and I'd rather work on new files or
additions to old ones.

If you let me know I can fix any problems and will ASAP.

Thanks.
  Stefan li Rous
  stefan at texas.net

PS: And yes, I really am sixteen digests behind.