SC - needed on Cathereine of Aragon/recipes

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Mon Oct 19 14:11:56 PDT 1998

Bear gave three recipes including one from Martino for red chickpea soup,
and comments:

>I didn't have red chickpeas, so I substituted dried yellow.

I have seen red chickpeas mentioned in Platina as well, and, like you, have
substituted ordinary chickpeas.  Does anyone know what red chickpeas are?
Do we know, even, if they are different from the standard ones available in
America?

Elizabeth/Betty Cook