SC - needed on Cathereine of Aragon/recipes

Mon Oct 19 20:14:52 PDT 1998

Kathleen M Hogan wrote:

> On Mon, 19 Oct 1998 17:57:51 -0400 dy018 at freenet.carleton.ca (Micaylah)
> writes:
> >Is it normal practice in other kingdoms to have Servers serving your
> >feast?
>
> At most of our events it is.   We have one event each year that is a
> potluck, served buffet style.
> >Has anyone tried the "a person sitting at table comes and gets it for
> >the table" technique?
>
> We've tried it, but it doesn't work really well, as people end up missing
> dishes, plus the fact that you have a mob descending on the serving area
> all at once.

This was done at a Stargate Yule revel feast a few years ago. Each table was
assigned a number.  Someone would call a few of the tables up at a time. We had
a number of people making trays in the kitchen to fit the number of servings
needed per table. It worked out pretty well.

Meadhbh

> Caitlin NicFhionghuin
> House Oak & Thistle
> Shire of Bordervale Keep, Atlantia