SC - A question on Servers

DianaFiona@aol.com DianaFiona at aol.com
Mon Oct 19 22:08:25 PDT 1998

On Mon, 19 Oct 1998 17:57:51 -0400 dy018 at freenet.carleton.ca (Micaylah)
writes:
1)>Is it normal practice in other kingdoms to have Servers serving your
>feast?== It is in Seareach and most other places I've been in
Atlantia===

2)>Has anyone tried the "a person sitting at table comes and gets it for
>the table" technique?=== been there done that, blech! at a small feast
this might be ok but at a large event it can be utter chaos and
confusion.at the best . When servers are needed beyond what the
sponsoring group can/will provide they are recruited from among those who
would like to eat feast but can't afford it. They serve - they eat. They
receive some instruction on where and how to serve at a minimum and how
and where to pick up the next dish and return the old ones to the
kitchen. For more elaborate meals more training is necesary.

>Any input would be gratefully accepted at this point. There is a
>situation
>arising here in Caldrithig but I'll let the Lady in question put this
>to the
>List if she wishes. === curiouser and curiouser===

You're welcome
>Micaylah