SC - Potato Soup-OT-OOP

Weiszbrod, Barbara A Barbara.Weiszbrod at SW.Boeing.com
Tue Oct 20 10:26:54 PDT 1998

Excerpts from internet.listserv.sca-cooks: 19-Oct-98 SC - Potato
Soup-OT-OOP by LrdRas at aol.com
> Certainly I'm interested in it or I wouldn't have asked for it. My cooking
> interests are broader than just the MA. :-) As an alternative to
serving it at
> feasts, I would recommend trying out the Brodo of Red Chickpeas recipe which
> Bear posted and which I also redacted on my own. It is GREAT stuff. :-)
>
> Thanks in advance for the recipe. :-)

1 medium onion, chopped
1 stalk celery, chopped
Butter
1 quart cubed potatoes (peeled or not)
water to cover
1 quart whole milk

Saute onions and celery in butter.  Add potatoes.  Cover with water.
Bring to boil. Simmer until potatoes are soft.  Simmer a little longer.
You can simmer off at least 1/2 of the water without problems. Add milk,
bring to just under boiling.  Simmer a little longer.  Add salt, pepper,
and butter to taste.  Serve hit forth.

Essentially, the portions are equal volume of potatoes and milk, with
enough water to cook the potatoes.  The onions and celery add flavoring,
so they are, pretty much, a to-taste thing.

toodles, margaret