SC - Lemon Curd

Christine A Seelye-King mermayde at juno.com
Tue Oct 20 21:05:51 PDT 1998

> I am aware of some of the
> cultural pecularities that occur ion Ansteorra but it still amazes me that
> culture that encourages it's citizens to walk around armed to the teeth
> could
> have such an overeaction to alcohol.

One needs to remember that Texas has county option with a number of dry
counties and Oklahoma was totally dry (meaning amazingly, illegally wet)
until the mid-50's and only got liquor by the drink about 20 years ago.
Most of the recent liquor laws have been passed to reduce drunken driving.
BTW, it's illegal to carry a weapon into a liquor store in either state.

> I sincerely hope that  this law can be modified to
> exclude feast preparation and Brewer's Guilds.

I don't know about other parts of the kingdom, but the brewer's around
Namron own all of their equipment and assemble as a group to assist each
other, discuss techniques and taste the latest creations.  None of the
equipment is owned by the SCA group.

The Honorable Brotherhood of Brewers and Vintners has been kind enough to
supply my last feasts (the ones after this mess blew up) with donated
beverages.

> I also encourage anyone who agrees with me to do what ever it takes to
> have
> this law modified. Once again my apologies for any misunderstandings I may
> have caused.
>
> al-Sayyid Ras

We'll work on the powers that be to get the law changed to match Corpora.

Bear