SC - Query-Valoise

Wed Oct 21 07:06:44 PDT 1998

Pug wrote:

> Personally I think the current law helps both the guilds and the feast
> coordinators. It allows the feast coordinators to get alcohol
> (admittedly only wines, beers, etc) for free, and it allows the brewers
> to show off their skills.

Here I have to dissagree with Pug.  The law in no way helps the head cook.
Example: one of the dishes that Gunthar prepared for 12th Night last January
required Brandy.  That ment that in order to make the dish for 500 people
Gunthar had to buy $50 worth of brandy out of his own pocket.  That is after
spending about $80.00 on supplies for the sample feast.  No one else
involved in putting on an event is expected to foot that kind of bill, why
should the Head cook?  I would like to see the law match what is Copora (at
least as it was stated here last week, I have not looked it up myself), that
the purchase of alcohol in the quanities needed for the preperation of food
be allowed.

I have no problem with not allowing a group to use SCA funds to buy alcohol
for drinking, as that not only goes against some peoples beleifs, but also
would open us up for potential law suits (no one is responsible for their
own actions anymore).

Alys D.
Ansteorra