OT - Re: SC - Ras and his 400 disks

Phil & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Thu Oct 22 19:14:09 PDT 1998

LrdRas at aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 10/22/98 8:37:40 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
> dy018 at freenet.carleton.ca writes:
>
> << Holy cow Ras, burn them onto CD's, its safer.
>
>  Micaylah >>
>
> And how does one go about doing this?
>
> <only mediocre in computer literacy>
>
> Ras

One needs a recordable CD-ROM drive; they're an excellent and stable data
storage method, but rather expensive compared to, say, a Zip or other
removable drive. One Iomega Jaz drive cartridge would probably hold most of
the contents of your 400 discs (for example only, I use a rather antiquated
SyQuest myself).

Then, of course, there's always the ol' Unix shell account, but I expect AOL
would rather keep their members in the dark about such things...;  )

Adamantius
Østgardr, East
- --
Phil & Susan Troy