SC - Lammas [was: Even more OT - Re: Potato Soup-OT-OOP]

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 23 07:34:59 PDT 1998

Adamantius wrote:

<By such stuff must we live til Lammastide comes, eh? ;  )

> (BTW, I gather Lammas has just come and gone: our local newslatter, the
> Seahorse, had on its cover, a sea llama, with the word "llama" judicious
> replacing certain key text words, such as a note from our llamaschale...)>

Lammas is technically July 31, or August Eve.  Local newsletter is a tad late.
We're within days of the next quarter-day of the calendar, Hallowe'en.

I once gave a gift to Countess Bevin Fraser of Sterling, aka Katherine Kurtz, author
of a book called LAMMAS NIGHT, of a ceramic Llama, clad in a perky feathered hat and
a white leather belt, therefore a Llama Knight.  I'm told it still holds a place of
honour in her writing room. <happy glow>

'The one-l lama, he's a priest, the two-l llama, he's a beast...' I forget the rest.

Selene Colfox
Caid