SC - Cheese chart?

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Fri Oct 23 19:00:11 PDT 1998

In a message dated 10/23/98 2:53:53 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
ceridwen at ccgnv.net writes:

<< it is therefore wise to use both references to produce one's recipe,
correct? >>

I have only one problem with this approach. I just peaked in one of my
cookbooks and found a dozen recipes with the same name each being a variation.
Now if the recipe appears twice in a period source I would first suspect it
was a variation especially if there are some thing s done differently. As with
my modern example (I don't think that combining 12 pasta salad recipes would
produce anything other than another pasta recipe at best and a mess at worst),
the resulting recipe from combining 2 period recipes could only be called
period-like and not period, IMO.

I hope this makes sense. OTOH, I may be missing the entire point here. :_(

Ras