SC - Ansteorran Crown Tourney...

Weiszbrod, Barbara A Barbara.Weiszbrod at SW.Boeing.com
Mon Oct 26 05:17:20 PST 1998

Aletta Saayman wrote:

> I know about the very popular mead of the medieval period, but as I
> can't stomach alcohol, I would like to know whether any non-alchoholic
> beverages were served in medieval times and if so, could you post some
> recipes please?
>
> Thanks
>
> Aletheia

Depends on your era or where you lived.  Water is good, but not appetizing to
some people.  We decided that fruit ades like lemonade and limeade (and probably
orangeade) are period.  Teas are in many cultures.

That about covers what I offer for the gentles at a feast.

Brenna