SC - Need advice

Groulx, Michelle MGroulx at NRCan.gc.ca
Mon Oct 26 10:53:45 PST 1998

Hi all,

Back from our first Coronation and I'll tell you swearing fealty to our
first King and Queen has left me quite emotional <sniff-sniff>. 1000 people
on bended knee is really quite a site. The "Kingdom of Ealdormere" has such
a nice ring to it, doesn't it?

So I am back to a little problem I had before I left. After deciding the
luncheon menu and checking with our beloved feast cooks menu (Clarisia), I
noticed some similarities that needed immediate attention. We cannot do a
bunny stew thingy and we cannot do the Nucato, Medieval Kitchen, pg.216 as
it too closely resembles an issue at the end of her menu.

After checking the Miscellany and the Floreligium can anyone please quickly
help and advise on a recipe for a Norman stew type of dish (carnivore) and
desert that we can transport fairly easily and freeze if possible before the
event. We, under no circumstances, want to get in the way of Clarisia's
feast, since this is only lunch, so we had to set this criteria. We just
figured that we'd all had enough buns, cheese and meat and an apple for
lunch one too many times and thought it would be nice to have something
edible, portable and easy to serve while still being in period.

I don't have time to redact, I don't have much time to research and I don't
want to let the household cooking this little luncheon feast down.

Ideas anyone.

Micaylah
- -who is NOT cooking this, just advising, but am willing to try my hand at
cheese making this week. Thanks Aoife-