SC - meat days and fast days - MIXED?

Gedney, Jeff gedje01 at mail.cai.com
Wed Oct 28 11:27:15 PST 1998

Allison said...
Since there seems to be a negative reaction among a number of cooks in
regard to accomodating vegetarians, can we just forget that word?  We
have menus from period that list fast day type of food for church
members.  'Ecclesiastical' is a bit much to type constantly, and 'fast
food', while punny to most of us, may confuse newcomers.  What term might
people like?  Church food?  Priest dish?  Perhaps this would make this
preparation more 'palatable' to us, the Kitchen Stewards.

I use the term "grass eaters". While I understand that this may impart
certain negative undertones it usually gets a laugh rather than otherwise.

Micaylah