SC - meat days and fast days - MIXED?

Morgan Parris shaddow_witch at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 29 09:20:58 PST 1998

In a message dated 10/29/98 11:21:07 AM Eastern Standard Time,
gedje01 at mail.cai.com writes:

<< Perhaps that is because they CHOSE to do this feast, not because they were
 compelled to do it.  >>

This is correct. We planned the menu rather quickly, IMO. No special diets or
lifestyles were taken into consideration. It just worked out that way. The
theme was 'Harvest' so naturally non-meat dishes played a great roll in the
menu. Unfortunately for me , I think the menu was planned subconscously with
modern meal planning holding sway. :-(

There were several glitches (e.g. the mint was inadvertantly left out of the
cukes and the squash/gourds were cubed instead of sliced thinly). The feasters
refused to co-operate with the 'serving for 8'  thingy. a few loaves of bread
and rools were charred because of whatever reasons, the ovens were hotter than
they were supposed to be, ad nauseum. But all in all, I was pleased with the
feast and it did seem to be well recieved.

Now to plan for the next one. :-)

Ras