SC - meat days and fast days - MIXED?

Mary Morman memorman at oldcolo.com
Fri Oct 30 09:17:54 PST 1998

In a message dated 10/30/98 9:27:55 AM Eastern Standard Time,
mmartines at brighthorizons.com writes:

<<
 Also, almost everyone agreed that root of persel = root of parsley, but I've
 never seen another recipe calling for the <root> of parsley -- just the
 leaves.  Someone suggested it was perhaps parsnips instead. If I did try to
 use parsley, any idea how/where to get roots of parsley?

	Short of a *really* good farmer's market, you pretty much have to grow your
own parsley roots, I'm afraid. I've got several sources for the seeds,
though---one of my favorites is  <A HREF="http://www.gardennursery.com/">
Nichols Garden Nursery</A> , who seem to have nearly everthing! ;-) If you are
interested, remind me and I'll bring some catalogs with me when I'm up there
next month. I have, BTW, seen parsley roots in a few other recipes (Not that I
can quote them off the top of my head, of course ;-) ), so this isn't an
isolated instance.

		Ldy Diana