SC - A Few questions

Phil & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Tue Oct 13 03:38:00 PDT 1998

Stefan li Rous wrote:

> England still had a lot of Anglo-Saxon influeance then, at least in the
> southern portion, so perhaps some of the Anglo-Saxon books on food would
> be worth looking at.

At the risk of displaying my ignorance of all this late-period, Renaissance
stuff, I'll bite. Normans cross Channel, moving North. Normans fight and win
Battle of Hastings, and more or less never look back, if one goes by
historical sources and ignores Urban....I mean, uh, legends. Am I missing
something here? I was under the impression that places like Yorkshire, in the
North, were where some Saxon culture survived.

Adamantius
Østgardr, East
- --
Phil & Susan Troy