SC - Brodo of chickpeas

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Tue Oct 13 13:46:08 PDT 1998

In a message dated 10/13/98 1:08:36 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
TerryD at Health.State.OK.US writes:

<< I would be tempted to
 use this recipe at a feast.  As I prepared it, the recipe makes just under a
 gallon or one cup of soup per person.  Using 5 cups of chickpeas per 24
 people insures that everyone will get fed without having to scrape the
 bottom of the pot.

I am using this recipe with suitable corrections this weekend at the Siver
Ryhll feast. I noticed that you also picked up on the obvious mistakes in the
book redacrion such as the fact that the book's author left out the rosemary.
:-)

The question that I have is about the 'flour' used for the thickening . IMO,
the flour meant is chick pea flour which was readily available when the
original was written. Since the original only mentions the vague term 'flower'
, what are your thoughts on using chickpea flour instead of the Medival
Kitchen redactor's wheat flour?

Ras