SC - some plums information

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Tue Oct 13 20:28:39 PDT 1998

Maedb asked:

>Good gentles, this brings up a question I have had ever since the year I
>bought 50 pounds of plums with which to make plum pudding. Then I looked
>at the recipe. I located a total of 9 recipes, ranging from modern to
>early 1900's. Not one of them contained plums. Did plum pudding *ever*
>have plums in it?

For some info on the period use of plums take a look at these files in the
FOOD section of my Stefan's Florilegium:

fruits-msg       (174K)  8/31/98    Medieval fruits and fruit dishes. Recipes.
puddings-msg      (28K)  8/28/98    Medieval puddings. recipes.

And this one in the FOOD-SWEETS section:

Sugarplums-art    (19K)  7/15/98    "Visions of Sugarplums" by Mistress
                                       Renata Kestryl of Highwynds.

My files are at: http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/rialto/rialto.html

Lord Stefan li Rous
Ansteorra