SC - possibly OOP - wood stove

Jessica Tiffin melisant at iafrica.com
Wed Oct 14 07:49:20 PDT 1998

Greetings, the list.

Micaylah wrote:
>Another thing that you can take into consideration is, given the geography
>that you reside in, you may want to put a pot of water on the stove if
>you're going to use it fairly frequently (ie cooking allmeals, heating etc).
>Your house will dry out quite effectively in no time otherwise. You think
>waking up in the morning with little sweaters is unpleasant, try it with a
>chronically dry house. Shaving you teeth takes on a whole new meaning! <big
>bald grin>

Good grief, I had no idea these things were so dangerous! :>  (Ras's
comments, too).  Ideally, I suppose, we fire the thing up only in winter,
when Cape Town is practically under water for days and everyone grows webbed
feet.  I don't see us using it continuously in summer - external heat-waves
are quite bad enough.  But thanks for the  tip - hopefully total dehydration
can be averted.

regards,
Melisant

Melisant de Huguenin
Minister of Arts and Sciences, Shire of Adamastor, Drachenwald (Cape Town,
South Africa)
Sable, three owls, wings elevated, argent, each maintaining a willow slip vert.
Jessica Tiffin * melisant at iafrica.com