SC - Period Feasts

Karen tyrca at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 14 12:39:05 PDT 1998

Excuse me, milady, but may I ask what kingdom you are in?  I'm
interested in hearing if all kingdoms agree on this;  is it not
acceptable to adjust period recipes to modern palates at all?
- --Seannach

<<<<<<<<

Well, y'all, I'm from Ansteorra, where the BBQ is foremost, along with
Steak and Potatoes, and we have had some pretty impressive and
documentable feasts, and the (cowboys and football players) err, I
mean the Dukes and Warlords among us have walked away satisfied with
all the rest of us.

I guess it depends on how you plan to adjust said recipes.  What
exactly do you have in mind? Adjusting for an item or spice that is
not available for one reason or another is taken into consideration,
but I remember a "feast"  (and I use the term lightly) 2 years ago in
Northern Ansteorra where they served BBQ brisket, sausages, baked
beans, potato salad and cake.  This is something geared for the modern
palate all right, and could have been better catered by the friendly
people at the BBQ place down the street (they make much better sauce
for the ribs, and their corn muffins will bring a tear to your eye).

Where in the middle of that example are you planning on landing?  We
would be willing to help if you just give us some specifics.

Tyrca

==
Lady Tyrca Ivarsdottir
- -"Honesty is Everything"
AoA, OPN, ASTA, oleander
Barony of Elfsea (Life is Good in Elfsea!)
(all sorts of places in and around Ft. Worth, TX)
Kingdom of Ansteorra