SC - possibly OOP - wood stove - WARNING!!

Korrin S DaArdain korrin.daardain at juno.com
Wed Oct 14 22:56:55 PDT 1998

On Wed, 14 Oct 1998 06:56:59 -0500 "Decker, Terry D."
<TerryD at Health.State.OK.US> writes:
>> >I've just moved house into one which boasts, lurking in a corner of
>the
>> >kitchen, a genuine, purportedly fully functional, Aga wood stove -
>one
>> of
>> >
>> >Melisant
>> >
>> >Melisant de Huguenin
>>
>> 	First it would be more correct to call it a cook stove.
>>
>> Korrin S. DaArdain
>>
>It is more correct to call it an Aga stove.  It is a specific brand with
its
>own quirks.  I've never used one, but I am given to understand there
>are some technical differences between it and, say, a sheepherders
stove.
>Otherwise, your comments are on the money.
>
>Bear

Agreed.
But I draw the line between a wood stove and a cook stove as one is for
heating and the other is for cooking. My parents stove is a Queen
Atlantic from Portland, Maine, but I still call it a cook stove.

Korrin S. DaArdain
Kitchen Steward of Household Port Karr
Kingdom of An Tir in the Society for Creative Anachronism.
Korrin.DaArdain at Juno.com
http://www.geocities.com/NapaValley/Vineyard/1709