SC - Period Feasts/modern tastes

Weiszbrod, Barbara A Barbara.Weiszbrod at SW.Boeing.com
Thu Oct 15 12:44:24 PDT 1998

> Noemi wrote:
>
> The second problem is that people have been exposed to too many badly
> cooked period feasts.

I hadn't thought of this before, but if I go to the Olive Garden and get
lasagna that the noodles are over cooked, the sauce is bland and the meat
just might be a little off, I know that I didn't like the meal because it
was prepared badly.  If I go to an event and am given Islandic chicken in
which the pastry is under cooked and doughy, the chicken is dry, and I don't
know what that thing was, but it sure didn't look like bacon to me I will
think "geeze, period food stinks" cause I dont know what it is supposed to
be like.

So I guess the only recourse is for all the really good cook out there to do
as many feasts for as many people as possible (no Gunthar, that doesn't mean
that I want you to do 12th Night feast again), so people will have a point
of referance.

Alsy D.
Ansteorra