Tasting Dinners (was Re: SC - Re: Period Feasts)

Philippa Alderton phlip at bright.net
Thu Oct 15 13:05:56 PDT 1998

Why in blazes are you letting people take money out of your feast budget
for a private party? Unless I'm very mistaken, that comes dangerously close
to violation of the guidelines for acceptable usage of Shire, etc. funds.
If you want to have a tasting party, make it a potluck, everyone pick a
recipe sort of thing, or require the participants to pony up a few bucks
for the the privilege of attending. Or, you can just come up with it
yourself, if you're financially capable of so doing- that's usually my
option despite my chronic cash shortage- I just eat a little more hamburger
that month.

Phlip
Caer Frig
Barony of the Middle Marches