SC - Period Foods CAN be Edible

Thu Oct 15 20:34:03 PDT 1998

> Lady Madelena's Grape and Garlic sauce for roast beef was delicious, but
> we decided next time we'd use white grape juice because the purple was
> just a BIT BRIGHT!
>
> Her spinach soup was ... was glow-in-the-dark green and we decided not to
> serve it because not too many people could get past the colour to taste
> it.

Oooh, colors!  Match them with complementary colors and different textures
and tastes.

> The priest stranglers (don't ask, you don't want to know) were a complete
> bust.

Recipe from Gillian Riley's Painters and Food Renaissance Recipes?
Personally, I question the authenticity of the recipe.  Practically, I think
it needs oil or butter to make it work properly.

> We decided when trying the vinegar sauce that vinegar obviously meant
> something COMPLETELY different in period because the result was
> completely inedible!

What type of vinegar did you use?

> Caitlin NicFhionghuin

Bear